Their own characteristics of the gearbox ZF ECOLIFE and its thechnology provide the following characteristics:
- Reduces petrol consumption and low emissions of noise and fumes in the environment
- Increases the load of the vehicle. Is a gearbox prepared to drag bigger amounts.
- Longer life. Not using synchronizes and the discs ‘clutch, provides the system to last longer.
- Improvement and optimization in comfort. The gearbox always provides the perfect speed for each moment.
- There is not clutch pedal, so the speed will be electronically changed.
A few applications are associated to the design of this automatic gearbox. We emphasize: transport of passengers in buses and coaches, special vehicles, army…in fact, it has been designed and it is used for trains. OEM installs it in its vehicles. Others like: IVECO, VOLVO, IRISBUS, MAN, SCANIA, EVOBUS.
The same points stand out for ZF ECOMAT. The system based in the action of the ferodo discs (clutches and internal brakes) and the contact between teeth which are installed in the ZF ECOMAT, need maintenance and lubrication, that will depend on the life of all the internal components. In this case we have, a part from all the internal system of brake discs, a set of electronic elements (transforming the system in automatic) and a set of valves and reels which need special care.
- Oil and filter change of the gearbox (the interval will depend on the type of oil used see oils list in Documentation tab)
- Avoid dampness in the whole electric system of the gear box, as for example the unit, the servoclutch and the electric installation.
- Check oil levels from time to time (with the engine stopped) and possible leaks to avoid break down of the gear box because lack of oil.
- Check the elements who provide signs of entry to the gearbox, because in a few occassions are the reason of confort loss and the the gear changes.