The design of the manual gear box with 9 speeds ZF ECOMID is the typical scheme for a manual mechanic gearbox, based in the clutch activated by the driver and the synchronized box. The main elements of these gear box are:
They can have Intarder (integrated retardant), power take-offs making a wide range of applications.
The main applications for the ZF ECOMID gearbox is the transport of goods with mid loads and trips not too long. The different OEM installing these gear boxes in transport vehicles for passengers or goods are: IVECO, DAIMLER BUSES, NEOPLAN, MAN, VAN HOOL…
Every gear system needs a proper maintenance and lubrication; it will be the key to a longer life for its internal components. For ZF ECOMID gearboxes, you will have to have special care in the following:
- Oil and filter changes in the gearbox (the interval will depend of the type of oil used, see list for authorized oil in the section “Documentation”
- Pay attention to the compressor and the vehicle´s dryer. The dryer´s breakdown introduces water to the pneumatic system, making the servo shift to deteriorate faster, because this system works with air.
- Periodic checkups for the oil level (with the engine stop) and possible escapes to avoid seizures in the gear box for lacking lubrication
- The main characteristics of this gearbox are: it increases the vehicle´s load. It is a very robust gear box prepared to transport other vehicles, until 36 Tons.
- It reduces the noises thanks to its size and the carcass desing, avoiding the Regulation in the gears ratio. The gear box has 9 speeds slowly synchronized through small openings in the clutch for better comfort.
- This gear box has the possibility of having a break Intarder and power take offs connected for special applications in the vehicle.