The gear box ZF E-TRONIC is characterizes for:
- It´s a gear box prepared for light loads.
- Reduce the noises for its carcass size and design, avoiding the vehicle´s isolation.
- Gearshift motorized regulation. This gear box has 6 speeds which are synchronized through small clutch entries activated by the servo clutch to obtain comfort.
- Reduction of the consumption
- Comfort optimization. The gear box always provides with the suitable speed in each moment, speed and type of road.
- There is no clutch pedal, so electronically it´s always selecting the gear, if you choose the automatic mode.
- Sensible in maneuvers. The electronic has 6 short gears sincronized electronically through smalls openings in the clutch, to get the best and comfortable maneuver.
The ZF eTronic gearbox is assembled in special vehicles like ambulances or emergency vehicles for its adaptation when driving in the cities. The main manufactures are: IVECO, NISSAN, RENAULT y OTOKAR.
This group of gears needs maintenance and a correct lubrication, it will all depend on the internal parts´ life. In this case in particular, you should have special care in:
- Oil and filter changes in the gearbox (the interval will depend of the type of oil used, see list for autorized oil in the section “Documentation”
- Try to avoid dampness in all the electronic system of the gear box, like for example the GS3, the internal part of the servo clutch, and the electric installation.
- Pay attention to the compressor and the vehicle dryer. The dryer breakdown introduces water to the pneumatic system, accelerating the deterioration in the GS3 and the servo clutch, which works with air.
- Make periodic controls in the oil level (with the engine stopped) and check for possible escapes to avoid seizure for lacking lubrication.